In February of 1954, Ralph Willis met with a few Christians in the Allen area. After much prayer, they felt led of the Lord to start a gospel witness here. In March, they began holding afternoon services at the Gleaners Hall in South Allen. The church was organized on September of 1954 and has been holding regular services ever since.
In March of 1957, the Conants donated the land on which the church currently stands. Excavation for the church basement began that October and was completed in December. At a business meeting, February 17, 1959, the church voted to start building the superstructure. By the 7th anniversary of the church, the building was completed.
We have had many faithful men of God serve here as pastor. These men include: Ralph Willis, our founder, who served until 1959; Bill Wilson who resigned the pastorate to serve as a missionary to the Congo; Wayne Woodard who pastored until he lost his voice; George Hein who served here over 10 years until he went home to be with the Lord; Alton Glazier who served two terms and oversaw several improvements to the building; John Morgan who conducted the first baptisms on the property; and Jason Burrick who served faithfully from 2005 through June 2011.
As our current pastor, David Wruck, opens a new chapter in our church history, we are reminded again of God’s promise in First Thessalonians 5:24, “Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it.”